By: Wisconsin School of Business Center for Professional & Executive Development
Leadership Beyond Management is an empowering, interactive, and transformational program that gives you a clear and unbiased view of your leadership strengths and developmental needs. In this
How do you receive feedback?
This program uses the Human Synergistics International Life Style Inventory assessment. The Life Styles Inventory (LSI) is an individual development tool that uses both a self-assessment and feedback from others to identify individual thinking and behavioral styles. By providing insights into strengths and areas for development, it will empower you to embark on a personal journey to improve how effectively you navigate your professional relationships.
When you register for Leadership Beyond Management, you will receive a 360° leadership assessment from the Program Coordinator. Throughout the assessment, you’ll reflect on your thinking styles, personal effectiveness, and overall satisfaction. At the same time, up to 12 of your peers, managers, and subordinates will provide feedback on your behavior and effectiveness. During the program, you’ll be presented with an individualized, comprehensive report that can be used to help you better understand and improve your individual thinking and behavioral styles. Due to the customized nature of the report, you’ll need to complete the assessment prior to attending class. Your LSI report is completely confidential, and you’ll have an opportunity in class to learn and discuss general recommendations and strategies for developing constructive styles.
“Leadership Beyond Management allowed me to think deeply about what being a successful leader is all about. By learning more about myself and my leadership style (and gaining a better understanding of those strength and opportunity areas), the program gave me the tools and information necessary to help me lead with more purpose, passion, and intent.”Julie Parks Director, Public Relations American Girl
How will you benefit from participating in Leadership Beyond Management and experiencing the 360-degree Life Styles Inventory assessment?
By completing the program, you’ll:
- Increase your awareness of organization context and culture, allowing you to respond more thoughtfully to rapid changes in business circumstances
- Enhance your ability to lead intentionally via key foundational, situational, and strategic leadership competencies
- Positively impact your productivity and effectiveness in serving diverse customers by cultivating an inclusive workplace
- Discover your authentic leadership purpose and choose how it will impact your personal, professional, and organizational success
- Receive a personalized, one-on-one coaching session as a follow-up consultation, based on your leadership assessment and on-the-job challenges you’re facing
- Understand how the best leaders design their organizations for success
- Have access to several videos and articles based on the outcome of your assessment
If you are an experienced manager or director with a desire to become an inspiring leader, register for the next session of Leadership Beyond Management.